1- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Greese the cookie sheets.
3. Add the egg and vanilla, beat together until a soften mixture.
4. Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and set aside.
5. Cream together the butter and the brown sugar in a medium bowl. Incorporate the egg and banana. Stir a bit and also add the vanilla. Then add and mix well the remaining dry ingredients. Also incorporate the chocolate chips.
6. Make spoonsized dough balls and place them on the cookie sheets at least 2 inches appart.
7. Bake in the over for about 8 to10 minutes or until the cookies gets a nice goldened appearance.
8. Let cool on the cookie sheets for at least 5 minutes before removing and/or serving them.